Welcome to the Tanaka Lab Web Site
Functional studies of photosynthesis and its related plant metabolism
In our laboratory, we focus on photosynthesis and its related metabolism such as chlorophyll metabolism or nitrogen assimilation. In particular, we investigate the adaptation mechanisms of plants and algae to various environments such as low temperature, drought or changing light intensities using various techniques of biochemistry, molecular biology and bioinformatics. Our main research projects emcompass the following topics:
1. Acclimation of photosynthetic organisms including herbs, evergreen trees, mosses, green algae and cyanobacteria to various environments such as low temperatures
2. Evolution of photosynthetic organisms.
3. Biogenesis of photosystems.
4. Chlorophyll biosynthesis and breakdown
5. Regulation of nitrogen metabolism in plants
Please do not hesitate to contact us for more detaild information of the current research topics in our laboratory.
Please join the Tanaka Lab!
If you are interested in studying plant science, in particular, photosynthesis and other related metabolism in photosynthetic organisms, we welcome you to join our team! You will find scholarship information and other essential information that are required to enter the Graduate School at Hokkaido University here.
Recent Events & Publications
* IMPORTANT: Affiliation of the students will be changed from the Graduate School of Life Science to the Graduate School of Environmental Science from April 2021. The research topics, staff and location will be the same as before.
* Chen Ying's paper was accepted in Plant Science! (March, 2021)
* Dr. Kiyomi Ono has joined us from April 2021.
*Michiki's paper was accepted in PCP! (Dec. 2020)
*Shinsa's paper was accepted in PCP! (Nov. 2020)
*Hanaki was awared the best poster presentation prize at the 6th inter-faculty symposium at Hokkaido Uniersity. Congratulations! (Oct 19, 2020)
•Koki won the best thesis prize at the Master thesis presentation. Congratulations! (Mar, 2020)
*Debayan was awarded the best poster prize at the Hokkaido University Inter-institute Alliance for Joint Usage/Research Center Symposium on Oct 31 in Sapporo. Conguratulations! (Oct 31, 2019)
*Xueyun's paper was accepted in Plant Science! (Oct. 2019)