- "An infrared measurement of chemical desorption
from interstellar ice analogues"
Y. Oba, T. Tomaru, T. Lamberts, A. Kouchi, N. Watanabe,
Nature Astronomy (2018) https://doi.org/10.1038/s41550-018-0380-9
- "Deuterium Fractionation upon the Formation of Hexamethylenetetramines through Photochemical Reactions of Interstellar Ice Analogs Containing Deuterated Methanol Isotopologues"
Y. Oba, Y. Takano, H. Naraoka, A. Kouchi, N. Watanabe,
Astrophys. J. Lett. 849, 122 (2017)
- "H2 formation on interstellar dust grains: The viewpoints of theory, experiments, models and observations"
V. Wakelam, E. Bron, S. Cazaux, F. Dulieu, C. Gry, P. Guillard, E. Habart, L. Hornekær, S. Morisset, G. Nyman, V. Pirronello,
S. D. Price, V. Valdivia, G. Vidali, N. Watanabe
Molecular Astrophysics 9, 1, (2017)
- "Laboratory Studies of Methane and Its Relationship to Prebiotic Chemistry"
K. Kobayashi, W. D. Geppert, N. Carrasco, N. G. Holm, O. Mousis,
M. E. Palumbo, J. H. Waite, N. Watanabe, L. M. Ziurys
Astrobiology 17, 786, (2017)
- "Liquid-like behavior of UV-irradiated interstellar ice
analog at low temperatures"
S. Tachibana, A. Kouchi, T. Hama, Y. Oba, L. Piani,
I. Sugawara, Y. Endo, H. Hidaka, Y. Kimura, K. Murata,
H. Yurimoto, N. Watanabe,
Science Advances 3, eaao2538 (2017)
- "Fast crystalline ice formation at extremely low temperature through water/neon matrix sublimation"
T. Hama, S. Ishizuka, T. Yamazaki, Y. Kimura, A. Kouchi, N. Watanabe, T. Sugimoto, V. Pirronello,
Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 19, 17677 (2017)
- "Comprehensive Study of Thermal Desorption of Grain surface Species by Accretion Shocks around Protostars"
Hitoshi Miura, Tetsuo Yamamoto, Hideko Nomura, Taishi Nakamoto, Kyoko K. Tanaka, Hidekazu Tanaka, Makiko Nagasawa
Astrophys. J. 839, 47(16pp) (2017)
- "Hydrogenation and Deuteration of C2H2 and C2H4 on Cold Grains: A Clue to the Formation Mechanism of C2H6
with Astronomical Interest"
Hitomi Kobayashi, Hiroshi Hidaka, Thanja Lamberts, Tetsuya Hama,
Hideyo Kawakita, Johannes Kæstner, Naoki Watanabe
Astrophys. J. Lett. 837, 155 (2017)
- "Two types of amorphous protein particles facilitate crystal nucleation"
Tomoya Yamazaki, Yuki Kimura, Peter G. Vekilov, Erika Furukawa, Manabu Shiraie,
Hiroaki Matsumoto, Alexander E. S. Van Driessche, Katsuo Tsukamoto
PNAS 114, 2154-2159 (2017)
- "Simulations and Spectra of Water in CO Matrices"
R. Escribano, E. Artacho, A. Kouchi, T. Hama, Y. Kimura, H. Hidaka, and N Watanabe
Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics 19, 7280-7287 (2017)
- "Evolution of morphological and physical properties of laboratory interstellar organic
residues with ultraviolet irradiation"
L. Piani, S. Tachibana, T. Hama, H. Tanaka, Y. Endo, I. Sugawara, L. Dessimoulie,
Y. Kimura, A. Miyake, J. Matsuno, A. Tsuchiyama, K. Fujita,
S. Nakatsubo, H. Fukushi, S. Mori, T. Chigai, H. Yurimoto and A. Kouchi
The Astrophysical Journal 837, 35 (2017)
- "Reactive Uptake of Gaseous Sesquiterpenes on Aqueous Surfaces"
K. Matsuoka, Y. Sakamoto, T. Hama, Y. Kajii, S. Enami
J. Phys. Chem. A 121, 810-818 (2017)
- Selected as the Editors Choice "Matrix sublimation method for the formation of high-density amorphous ice"
A. Kouchi, T. Hama, Y. Kimura, H. Hidaka, R. Escribano, N. Watanabe
Chemical Physics Letters 658, 287-292 (2016)
- "Deuterium Fractionation during Amino Acid Formation by Photolysis of Interstellar Ice Analogs Containing Deuterated Methanol"
Y. Oba, Y. Takano, N. Watanabe, A. Kouchi
Astrophys. J. Lett. 827, L18 (2016)
- Selected as the Editors Choice "Negative catalytic effect of water on the reactivity of hydrogen abstraction from the C.H bond of dimethyl ether by deuterium
atoms through tunneling at low temperatures"
Y. Oba, N. Watanabe, A. Kouchi
Chem. Phys. Lett. 662, 14 (2016)
- "Hydrogen.deuterium substitution in solid ethanol by surface reactions at low temperatures"
Y. Oba, K. Osaka, T. Chigai, A. Kouchi, N. Watanabe
Mon. Not. Roy. Astron. Soc. 462, 689 (2016)
- Selected as the Editors' Suggestion in PRL "Surface Temperature Dependence of Hydrogen Ortho-Para Conversion on Amorphous Solid Water"
H. Ueta, N. Watanabe, T. Hama, A. Kouchi
Physical Review Letters 116, 253201 (2016)
- "Stepwise formation of H3O+(H2O)n in an ion drift tube: Empirical effective temperature of association/dissociation reaction equilibrium in an electric field"
Y, Nakai, H. Hidaka, N. Watanabe, T. M. Kojima
J. Chem. Phys. 144, 224306 (2016)
- "Statistical ortho-to-para ratio ofwater desorbed from ice at 10 kelvin"
T. Hama, A. Kouchi, and N. Watanabe
Science 351, 65 (2016)
- "Signaturte of Quantum-Tunneling Diffusion of Hydrogen Atoms on Water Ice at 10 K"
K. Kuwahata, T. Hama, A. Kouchi, and N. Watanabe
Phys. Rev. Lett. 115, 133201 (2015)
- Editors Choice! "Chiral glycine formation on cold interstellar grains by quantumtunneling hydrogen.deuterium substitution reactions"
Y. Oba, N. Watanabe, Y. Osamura, and A. Kouchi
Chem. Phys. Lett. 634, 53-59 (2015)
- "Quantum Tunneling Observed without its Characteristic Large Kinetic Isotope Effects"
T. Hama, H. Ueta, A. Kouchi, and N. Watanabe
PNAS 112, 7438-7443 (2015)
- "Quantum Tunneling Hydrogenation of Solid Benzene and Its Control via Surface Structure"
T. Hama, H. Ueta, A. Kouchi, N. Watanabe, and H. Tachikawa
The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters 5, 3843-3848 (2014)
- "Reaction kinetics and isotope effect of water formation by the surface reaction
of solid H2O2 with H atoms at low temperatures"
Yasuhiro Oba, Kazuya Osaka, Naoki Watanabe, Takeshi Chigai and Akira Kouchi
Faraday Discussion 168, 185-204 (2014)
- "Hydrogen isotopic substitution of solid methylamine through atomic surface reactions
at low temperatures: A potential contribution to the D/H ratio of methylamine
in molecular clouds",
Yasuhiro OBA,Takeshi CHIGAI, Yoshihiro OSAMURA, Naoki WATANABE, Akira KOUCH
Meteoritics & Planetary Science 1-16 (2013):DOI: 10.1111/maps.12096
"Surface Processes on Interstellar Amorphous Solid Water: Adsorption, Diffusion,
Tunneling Reactions, and Nuclear-Spin Conversion"
Tetsuya Hama, Naoki Watanabe
Chem. Rev. 113, 8783 (2013)
- ”The Mechanism of Surface Diffusion of H and D Atoms on Amorphous Solid
Water: Existence of Various Potential Sites”,
T. Hama, K. Kuwahata, N. Watanabe, A. Kouchi, Y. Kimura. T. Chigai, V. Pirronello
Astrophys. J. 757, 185 (2012)
- “Water Formation Through a Quantum Tunneling Surface Reaction, OH
+ H2, at 10 K",
Y. Oba, N. Watanabe, T. Hama, K. Kuwahata, H. Hidaka, A. Kouchi,
Astrophys. J. 749:67 (2012)
- “Spin temperature of water molecules desorbed from the surfaces of amorphous solid water, vapor-deposited and produced from photolysis of a CH4/O2 solid mixture"
T. Hama, N. Watanabe, A. Kouchi, and M. Yokoyama.
Astrophys. J. Lett. 738, L15 (2011)
- “FTIR study of ammonia formation via the successive hydrogenation of N atoms trapped in a solid N2 matrix at low temperatures"
H. Hidaka, M. Watanabe, A. Kouchi and N. Watanabe.
Phys. Chem. Chem.l Phys. 13,15798 (2011)
- “Experimental studies of surface reactions among OH radicals that yield H2O and CO2 at 40-60 K"
Y. Oba, N. Watanabe, A. Kouchi, T. Hama, and V. Pirronello.
Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 13, 15792 (2011)
- “A theoretical and experimental study on translational and internal energies of H2O and OH from the 157 nm irradiation of amorphous solid water at 90 K"
S. Andersson, C. Arasa, A. Yabushita, M. Yokoyama, T. Hama, M. Kawasaki, C. M. Western and M. N. R. Ashfold.
Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 13, 15810 (2011)
- “Surface abundance change in vacuum ultraviolet photodissociation of CO2 and H2O mixture ices"
T. Kinugawa, A. Yabushita, M. Kawasaki, T. Hama, and N. Watanabe.
Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 13, 15785 (2011)
- “Laboratory studies on the formation of formic Acid (HCOOH) in interstellar and cometary ices"
C. J. Bennett, T. Hama, Y. S. Kim, M. Kawasaki, and R. I. Kaiser,
Astrophys. J. 727, 27 (2011)
- “Translational and rotational energy measurements of desorbed water molecules in their vibrational ground state following 157 nm irradiation of amorphous solid water”
T. Hama, M. Yokoyama, A. Yabushita, M. Kawasaki, & N. Watanabe,
Nucl. Instr. Methods B 269, 1011-1015 (2011)
- “Formation of Carbonic Acid (H2CO3) by Surface Reactions of Non-energetic OH Radicals with CO Molecules at Low Temperatures”
Y. Oba, N. Watanabe, A. Kouchi, T. Hama, & V. Pirronello,
Astrophys. J. 722, 1598-1606. (2010)
- “Role of OH radicals in the formation of oxygen molecules following vacuum ultraviolet photodissociation of amorphous solid water”
T. Hama, M. Yokoyama, A. Yabushita, & M. Kawasaki,
J. Chem. Phys. 133, 104504 (2010)
- “Direct measurements of hydrogen atom diffusion and the spin temperature of nascent H2 molecule on amorphous solid water”
N. Watanabe, Y. Kimura, A. Kouchi, T. Chigai, T. Hama, & V. Pirronello,
Astrophys. J. Lett. 714, L233 (2010)
- “A desorption mechanism of water following vacuum-ultraviolet irradiation on amorphous solid water at 90 K”
T. Hama, M. Yokoyama, A. Yabushita, M. Kawasaki, S. Andersson, C.M. Western, M.N.R. Ashfold, R.N. Dixon, & N. Watanabe,
J. Chem. Phys. 132, 164508 (2010)
- “Direct evidence for ammonium ion formation in ice through ultraviolet-induced acid-base reaction of NH3 with H3O+”
E-S. Moon, H. Kang, Y. Oba, N. Watanabe, & A. Kouchi,
Astrophys. J. 713, 906 (2010)
- “Experimental study of CO2 formation by surface reactions of non-energetic OH radicals with CO molecules”
Y. Oba, N. Watanabe, A. Kouchi, T. Hama, & V. Pirronello,
Astrophys. J. Lett. 712, L174 (2010)